If 2020 taught the world anything, it was that with the right grit and creativity, almost any job could be successfully done remotely. Many of the methods to do so have been around for a few years. Unfortunately, they were slow to be adopted. Most encouraging is that you do not have to be a large global corporation to implement methods to successfully run your business remotely. Here are a few tips to run a maid service remotely.
Maid services are known for being behind when it comes to adopting the digital world. This is unfortunate as the tools available to use for digital marketing work very well at the local level. By effectively adopting digital marketing tools, you can have a considerable advantage over your competition. A few places to start your digital marketing journey include:
- Setting up and optimizing your Google My Business listing
- Leveraging social media to attract new clients
- Run Facebook or Google ads targeting your local area for leads
- List your service in business directories
- Build and maintain a website and invest in SEO optimization
If you plan on running a maid service remotely, you are only as good as the tools you choose. These include the software packages you select to handle scheduling, invoicing, and payroll, to name a few. You also want a good tool to communicate with your team effectively. Some of these include:
- Slack can act as your remote communication hub, allowing you to message either your whole team or individual members.
- MailChimp and Constant Contact are email services that allow you to build an email list and send email blasts to your contacts at times you schedule.
- G-Suite will allow you to share and update documents among team members as well as creating company email addresses for your entire team.
Remember the little things
Stay within your niche. You have worked hard to specialize in a certain area of cleaning. Be careful that you don’t go beyond your area of expertise. Running your business remotely can become trickier if you are onboarding work that you and your team are unfamiliar with.
As you embark on a journey to be more remote-friendly avoid the biggest trap of all—paralysis by analysis. Don’t drown in data. It’s easy to consume so much data that you have no clue what direction to turn. Instead, implement some of these suggestions one at a time. Allow you and your team to get used to using them before adding more. In the long run, your patience and perseverance will pay off so that you can successfully run your maid service from anywhere…even the beach!
In your quest to become more remote, check out the tools available at Compass Wave. We offer many remote-friendly software options that will help you with estimation, lead generation, payroll, and more!